Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) (BSB80615)
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability.
CRICOS PROGRAM CODES: 0100104
- For course packages or re-enrolment, the registration fee is payable only once.
- These fees are indicative and are subject to change at the time of enrolment.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- RTO Manager,
- Career Development Manager (Education Sector),
- RTO Education Advisor
- L&D Manager
- L&D Coordinator
Pre-Training Review (PTR):
- Selection for enrolment in SPI courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior to the confirmation of enrolment at SPI. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised SPI Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, SPI review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. SPI will then review this information in conjunction with other admission requirements below.
- Relevant work experience will be acknowledged and taken into consideration for the course to be shortened due to your recognition of prior learning (RPL).
SPI requires that all students must be 18 years of age or above at the commencement of the course.
Pathways Information to enter this qualification
Student must have completed nationally recognised relevant Advanced Diploma Qualification (AQF level 6) / equivalent*/ higher level qualification achieved in the last 5 years.
*Students with overseas qualifications will need to have level equivalency determined by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment, online applications here:
· The qualification has been analysed against the skill level requirements of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) and recorded in the Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) ACSF Profile. Students entering this qualification will have their LLN skills compared to the ACSF levels of the course to determine if there are specific support requirements needed, and make a recommendation about the suitability of the student to enrol.
· The qualification has been analysed to determine the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) levels of Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral Communication and Numeracy. This is detailed in the Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) ACSF Profile.
· See the SPI LLN Policy & Procedures for more details.
English Language Requirements
All students entering this qualification must have the following minimum score of an internationally recognized English Language proficiency tests or equivalent in line with DHA recommendations
· IELTS overall band of 6.0
· TOEFL IBT test score band of 60 equivalents.
· PTE Academic band score 51 equivalent.
· Satisfactory of completion General English – Advanced level.
· Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education in Australia conducted in English.
· Completion of full-time studies in Australia towards a Certificate IV or above or a foundation course.
· Student’s first language is English.
· Student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
If there are doubts about the student’s English language skills to cope in an academic environment and if he/she cannot provide a satisfactory IELTS score or equivalent, the student will undergo the college English placement test and be required to complete it with a satisfactory result.
Registration Fee: (non-refundable)
Delivery will occur over an 86 Week (78 weeks training and 8 weeks holiday break) period of full time study.
Unit Code/Unit Name
BSBINN801 Lead innovative thinking and practice
BSBRES801 Initiate and lead applied research
BSBFIM801 Manage financial resources
BSBLDR801 Lead personal and strategic transformation
BSBLED802 Lead learning strategy implementation
BSBINN501 Establish systems that support innovation
BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
PSPMGT012 Facilitate knowledge management
Assessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
- Direct observation – in a simulated classroom environment – usually role plays
- Product based methods – these are generally reports, case studies, projects and presentations.
- Questioning – written and verbal questioning is used for a number of assessment tasks.
- A combination of the above methods.
Mode of Study/ Method of Delivery
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you think you may be eligible to apply for RPL, please contact the College to discuss.
Students who have successfully completed whole units of competency within the training package with another institution in Australia can apply for a credit transfer (CT).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes