CRICOS PROGRAM CODES: 098222J
This qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge.
They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
Registration Fee: (non-refundable)
Delivery will occur over an 26 Week (24 weeks training and 2 weeks holiday break) period of full time study.
- Where students successfully apply for credit and/or RPL the course duration will be shorten accordingly and adjustments made to any COE issued or remove it or add to course duration.
Entry/ Admission Requirements
Pre-Training Review (PTR):
Selection for enrolment in SPI courses will be approved for applicants who meet the qualification selection criteria during the PTR prior to the confirmation of enrolment at SPI. A satisfactory outcome of PTR with authorised SPI Staff or representative will ensure applicants are placed in a suitable course with an appropriate training and assessment strategy, SPI review applicants existing knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications. SPI will then review this information in conjunction with other admission requirements below.
SPI requires that all students must be 18 years of age or above at the commencement of the course.
Prior Achievement Requirements
• Basic Computer Skills
• A good command of written English
* Students with overseas qualifications will need to have level equivalency determined by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment, online applications here:
• The qualification has been analysed to determine the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) levels of Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral Communication and Numeracy. This is detailed in the Certificate III in Business ACSF Profile.
• Students entering this qualification will have their LLN skills compared to the ACSF levels of the course to determine if there are specific support requirements needed, and make a recommendation about the suitability of the student to enrol.
• See the SPI LLN Policy & Procedures for more details.
English Language Requirements
All students entering this qualification must have the following minimum score of an internationally recognized English Language proficiency tests or equivalent in line with DHA recommendations
- IELTS overall band of 5.5 or
- TOEFL IBT test score band of 54-56 equivalents or
- PTE Academic band score 42 equivalent or
- Satisfactory completion of General English – Upper Intermediate level or
- Successful completion of Certificate III in Spoken and Written English (10725NAT) or equivalent course or
- Successful completion of Senior Secondary certificate of education in Australia conducted in English or
- Completion of full-time studies in Australia towards a Certificate IV or above or a foundation course or
- Student’s first language is English or
- Student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
If there are doubts about the student’s English language skills to cope in an academic environment and if he/she cannot provide a satisfactory IELTS score or equivalent, the student will undergo the college English placement test and be required to complete it with a satisfactory result.
Assessments will be conducted face to face which could include:
- Direct observation – in a simulated classroom environment – usually role plays
- Product based methods – these are generally reports, case studies, projects and presentations.
- Questioning – written and verbal questioning is used for a number of assessment tasks.
- A combination of the above methods.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Clerical Officer
- Administration Officer
- Sales Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Customer Service Officer
- Face to face at our Melbourne Campus – 20 hours per week of classroom based training sessions
- 8 hours of self study including structured self-directed learning & completing assessment work started in class
- Up to an hour per week of individual support if required
Units of Competence
|BSBWHS302||Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
|BSBADM311||Maintain business resources
|BSBCMM301||Process customer complaints|
|BSBFLM305||Support operational plan|
|BSBFLM312||Contribute to team effectiveness|
|BSBINN301 ||Promote innovation in a team environment
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents
|BSBINM302||Utilise a knowledge management system|
|BSBFLM311||Support a workplace learning environment
|BSBPUR301||Purchase goods and services|
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 35 hours
- Language English
- Students 26
- Assessments Yes